Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Still Life with Three Lemons and a Mug (Day 3)

Today is the third day that I'm working on this still life painting. Here are pictures from Day 1 and Day 2. Please see earlier posts for detail descriptions.

My model for the painting - three lemons and my favorite coffee mug


Day 1: Acrylic underpaint


Day 2: First oil layer of local colors


Today I painted more details on the lemons and the mug. And I started applying more colors to the books. I decided to keep their colors dark and forms more abstract so that my main objects would stand out. Here is the result. Tomorrow I'm going to spend more time on the books. Meanwhile, they are too wet, and I have to WAIT AGAIN!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Peter, how instructive to see your making of. Nice work! I'm a relative newcomer in the world of art, I'm learning to draw. Greetings from Belgium.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Annie,
    Welcome to my blog!
    I love your drawings of three pears on your blog.
    Great work!

    ReplyDelete