Thursday, April 9, 2009

Practice, Practice and more Practice

Ballerina - oil on canvas, 28x22 in


She is a ballet dancer.
It's early morning, and there is no one else in the studio - only her reflection on the mirror.
She is preparing herself to be on a center stage.
She knows that there is no shortcut to this.
Just practice, practice and more practice.
Sometimes she is frustrated, disappointed and discouraged.
Then she takes a deep breath. And stand on her toe tips again.
She knows that someday she will become the best ballerina.
Until then, she will practice and practice and ...

5 comments:

  1. Peter,
    Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments are very kind and your paintings are wonderful. I love this ballerina dancer. Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    I love this Ballerina painting. Beautiful style. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Leslie for your comment - it made my day!
    Now I have a pleasant daily routine - visiting your blog and watching your beautiful paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi 'simoart',
    Thank you for your kind comment on my blog - what a nice surprise!
    And Arthur,
    Your paintings are great! They are so creative and inspiring. And so fun to read stories along with them. You are truly gifted, and you are so lucky to have such a wonderful mom, who promotes your art all over the world!
    I'll be following your adventures from now on.
    And your blog has just been added to my favorite blog list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Peter,

    Thanks for your inspiring comment: "Salute your bold stretch from the realism". Honestly, I do try for that but find myself wanting to stretch even more. I do appreciate your identifying whatever abstraction I do have. I love this painting's sense of space and the lovely almost monochromatic colors. The asymmetry is powerful.

    ReplyDelete